If used right, promotion codes are an effective tool which can help you attract new students and keep your existing students coming back for more. You can distribute promotion codes privately to your students or publically whenever you promote your coaching services.
What sort of promotions can I create?
- Percentage Based Discounts - Typically the most popular way to offer discounts is percentage based. This can either be small incentive percentages like 5% or 10% off, or larger discounts to drive sales.
- Dollar Value Discount - Offers based on a dollar value can be positioned as a credit. In recorded cases, redemption of dollar based offers vs percentage based offers can be as much as 175% greater than percentage based discounts.
- Promotions that exclusively target new students - To attract new students, create promotions which can only be used when a student makes their first booking with you.
- Promotions that drive engagement - Increase engagement from your students by creating promotions which are only valid only if students buy a certain number of hours with you.
How can I use promotions codes to promote my professional coaching?
Here are some ideas for how to use promotion codes to grow your coaching business.
- Include a promotion code offering a discount to first time students when you post on forums about your coaching service. Promotion codes can incite action from readers and convince prospective students to hire you.
- Include a promotion code at the bottom of your DotaCoach profile to encourage prospective students reading your profile to take that first step.
- Drive engagement on your stream by offering discounted coaching on stream.
- Build your social media following by offering discounts for following you or subscribing to your content.
- Strengthen your relationship with your social media followers by offering exclusive coaching promotions to them.
- Contact students who haven't booked with you in a while and use promotion codes to encourage follow-up lessons.
- Reward loyal students by offering them a percent discount.
- If you increase your price due to high demand, allow old students to book with you at your legacy price by privately giving them a promotion code.
How do I create promotion codes on DotaCoach.org?Click on "My Account" in the top hat and then select the "Promotion Codes" tab. Once you create your first promotion, the promotion code will be listed in the "Existing Promotions" - give out this promotion code for students to use.
How do my students use a promotion code?You can use a promotion code when purchasing lessons with a coach. Enter the promotion code and click 'apply' to redeem the discount. This option will not be present if the coach has no active promotions.
Other ConsiderationsHere are some restrictions to keep in mind when creating promotion codes.
- Promotion codes cannot be used to give free lessons. The minimum purchase price for a student using DotaCoach.org is $4 even after the application of promotion codes.
- The maximum number of hours purchased in one booking is 10 hours.
- Only one promotion code can be used per booking.